Our worship services, led by our pastors, musicians and lay assistants, take place in our beautiful church sanctuary. Worship books and liturgies used include the following: Evangelical Lutheran Worship, Haugen’s “Now the Feast and Celebration” and “Holden Evening Vespers”. We also offer a contemporary & blended worship and we occasionally worship in the style of Taize.
Worship Information & Ways to Participate
- Worship Schedule and Styles
- Special and Seasonal Worship Services
- Choirs and Musical Groups
- Worship and Volunteer Opportunities
- Sacraments: Baptism and Communion Worship border
Worship Schedule & Styles
- Sunday at 10:00AM.
Special & Seasonal Worship Services
There are significant religious and national observances at which Holy Shepherd gathers for special worship services. These include:
- Thanksgiving Eve (with pie fellowship following!)
- Mid-week Advent Services on Wednesdays
- Healing Services
- Christmas Eve
- Mid-week Lenten Services on Wednesdays
- Special services during Holy Week and Easter Sunday
- Service Work Day
The schedule for these services will be posted on the homepage.
Choirs & Musical Groups
At Holy Shepherd, we’re blessed with people who have musical talent and are willing to share it in worship. There are choirs for all ages including:
Handbell Choir – Older youth & Adults
- Rehearsal Time:
Wednesday evenings, 5:30 – 6:30pm
- September – May
- Adult vocal choir singing a wide range
of classical and contemporary
- Rehearsal Time: Wednesday evenings, 6:30 – 7:45pm
- September – May
- Song leaders & instrumentalists for our contemporary worship.
- Rehearsal Time: Sunday mornings prior to worship.
- Director: Diane Klinkerfues
Worship Volunteer Opportunities
Holy Shepherd has a small but dynamics staff, who manage our daily operations. Yet, the integral and comprehensive programs we offer require the dedication and support of our congregation and others. Whether it’s being an acolyte or greeter for a service or reaching out to those unable to come to church worship and volunteer opportunities are called upon to use their spiritual gifts in meeting the worship needs of the congregation.
- Altar Guild: Help prepare altar area for worship: communion, baptism, banners, robes and flowers
- Assisting Ministers: Assist with leading worship
- Communion Servers: Assist with serving Communion
- Home Communion Ministers: Take Communion from worship to the homebound
- Fellowship Servers: Prepare coffee/beverages and cookies for Sunday Fellowship hours between services.
- Greeters: Welcome members and visitors before and after worship
- Readers: Present the written Word of God in worship.
- Ushers: Assist with preparations for worship, i.e. handing out bulletins, seating congregation, collecting offering, etc.
- Welcome Desk: Greet and share information about Holy Shepherd with worship guests.
- Praise Team: Song leaders & instrumentalists for contemporary worship.
- Special Music: Provides solos or small group music (vocal & instrumental) during the summer and on special occasions.
Please contact the church office (303.233.2740) for more information on worship volunteers.
Sacraments: Baptism & Communion
We cherish the Sacraments of Holy Baptism and Holy Communion. In Baptism, we are joined to Christ and the Church. Baptism is offered to all infants, children, youth, and adults in consultation with a pastor. We believe that Holy Communion is a gift from God where Jesus Christ is truly present in the bread and wine as the Church gathers around the Lord’s table. All are welcome, including children after consultation between parents, children, and pastors. Holy Communion is celebrated at all weekend and festival worship services.